Newest Refinery Assault Shows 'Absolutely No Protected Locations in Russia's Deep Rear'
Ukraine's unmanned aerial vehicles have struck the Russian oil facility in Ufa, situated approximately 1,400 kilometres from the Ukrainian border, resulting in detonations and a inferno, according to a insider in Ukraine's Security Service.
This marks the third intelligence far-reaching assault in the region in the past month. Such strikes demonstrate that there are no secure zones in the distant backlines of the Russian state.
Zelenskyy Appeals to US President to Broker Ceasefire in Ukraine
President Zelenskyy urged Donald Trump to broker peace in Ukraine during a call on Saturday.
"Provided that a conflict can be halted in one region, then surely further hostilities can be halted as well, encompassing the conflict with Russia," Zelenskyy said, hailing the US President's "outstanding" Middle East truce proposal and calling for the American leader to compel the Moscow into discussions.
Russian Attacks Kill Victims in Ukraine
Strikes by Russia on Ukrainian territory killed at least several civilians on the weekend and caused blackouts to parts of the south Odesa oblast, per local sources.
Two people lost their lives within a church in Kostyantynivka when it was targeted, according to regional officials.
In the Russian border region of the Belgorod region, a truck driver was lost his life by a drone assault, as stated by local officials.
Power Restoration Operations in the Capital
Efforts continued on Saturday to recover electricity in Kyiv, after strikes by Moscow.
Power had been restored to in excess of 800,000 citizens by the weekend and the major private energy company announced the main efforts to restore power was complete though certain disruptions persisted.
Anti-Aircraft Operations and UAV Interceptions
Ukraine's defense forces neutralized 54 of 78 total UAVs from Russia sent against the country in the dark hours, the air force reported on the weekend.
The Russian defense officials said it eliminated 42 enemy Ukrainian drones over Russian territory.
Cuba Refutes Allegations of Sending Soldiers to Ukraine
The Cuban government on Saturday refuted US assertions it has deployed military personnel to participate in the hostilities, while stating Cuban authorities "are without precise details about Cuban nationals" engaged "on their own" or "in the military forces of both sides".
The government department in the capital stated 26 Cuban citizens had been given prison terms to jail sentences varying between five up to fourteen years for mercenary involvement since the autumn of 2023 when information circulated of Cuban nationals being dispatched to the battlefield in the conflict.
I Want to Live Initiative Reports Details on Cuban National Enlistment
I Want to Live, a official Kyiv program that promotes enemy combatants to surrender, reported in May: "We reliably know the personal data of over a thousand Cuban nationals who signed contracts with the Russian military in recently."
The government in Havana commented of Cuban nationals who might be engaged: "There is no doubt that no individual has the encouragement, allegiance, or authorization of the government in Havana for their involvement."
Family members of individuals who traveled to Russia in 2023 informed international media at the time that their loved ones had been deceptively recruited through ads on digital networks.